Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday on lieu of Thursday/Friday

It is Saturday morning and the sun is already burning through. Looking out the kitchen window I can see the weather coming in from the southwest, and it looks like more of same: scattered clouds and soft blue skies. Should be a nice day!

It has been a few weeks since the cars had a bath, so this morning may lend itself to that pursuit. Melissa is catching up on lost sleep this morning, Fred and George have had their morning wee and breakfast and are now back to sleep, Robie is curled up with Melissa, so the house is quiet for the moment. I fried a couple of eggs and added a slice of toasted bread (need to make more today!) and my usual cup of Yerba Mate.

I took Thursday and Friday off from iMood blogging since my morning routine was altered. Board meeting down in Edmonds both days brought a slightly longer commute. Both mornings were heavily overcast, though it was a high overcast. Cresting the last hill between Lynnwood and Edmonds afforded a clear view of the waterfront, and the ceiling of cloud was floating high enough to keep the Olympics hidden across the water.

This is a longer commute for me, maybe twenty minutes (or longer one morning when I also stopped by the Cafe Ladro at Five Corners for a coffee on my way in). That means more music for my iPod to serve up en route. I tracked Friday's playlist (I tracked both days, truth told, but accidentally deleted Thursday's when I went to list Friday's - grrr!).

Phil Keaggy: Praise Dance
Mew: An Envoy To The Open Fields
Billy Bragg & Wilco: I Guess I Planted
Bruce Cockburn: Rumors of Glory
Matchbox Twenty: If You're Gone
Bruce Cockburn: The Pipes, The Pipes
Rocco DeLuca: Point of View

George has just come over to tell me he needs another break, so time to wrap this up and post.

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...