Tuesday, August 10, 2010

iMood Tuesday Aug. 10

Rain again this morning, at least on the drive in.  Top firmly up (window part way open - gotta have my nose in the air if at all possible!), wipers slapping away the accumulated mist-cum-rain.

Traffic this morning was obtuse.  Everywhere I went someone(s) were asleep at the wheel, out for their Sunday drive several days too soon (or two days too late), and I think I ended up stopped behind every possible light on my route.  More, actually, since 200th was blocked off by emergency vehicles midway down the block with no advance warning (and no detour indicated) - so I wandered several very residential blocks out of my way to find the next closest path to highway 99, along with a couple of particularly obtuse drivers.

Still, all of this meant more playlist time this morning, so what did my iPod make of this extra time and my frustration level?

Bobby Previte: Airstrip One
Foreigner: Tramontane
Michel Camillo: Oye Como Va
Leonard Cohen: So Long, Marianne (Live)
Kenny Werner: Hey Reggie
Jim Ed Brown: The Three Bells (Les Trois Cloches)
Pixies: Debaser

I suspect that is one mix of tunes that no radio station in its right mind would attempt to play back to back.  Just about right with a morning that's starting out a wee bit out of sorts.  As I listen now from my office, Madeleine Peyroux sings a solution to the out of sorts morning: Damn the Circumstances.

For the record: yesterday I had the iPod set to a single album on my way in to the college (The Fray: The Fray).  Back to random on the way home and I think I intentionally skipped over more than I listened to.  At one point, having skipped over about five really awful tunes, I started to wonder where all this piteous music had come from.  Just goes to show that even an intentionally built music collection has some stuff in it that isn't the bees knees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I normally listen to the radio on my way to Shoreline, but I'm tempted to try out the shuffle on my iPod. Thing is, I have a variety of oldies, rock, christian, and a little country music on mine, so the results might be entertaining.

--Marie

Kevin said...

That's the fun part, Marie: anticipating what is going to come up next and looking for any patters that happen to emerge. :-)

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...