When I arrived at my office on campus (with, I kid you not, Creedence Clearwater's Bad Mood Rising playing on my car's sound system) I stood in the parking lot, shivering, and drank it in as it glowed as bright as a street light between the denuded trees next to me. The sureal colors created by the sulfur street lamps were mocked by the moon's pristine blue-white reflection.
This is the light of the mind, cold and planetary.
- Tory Dent, The Moon and the Yew Tree
From Bruce Cockburn's, Understanding Nothing:
High above valley,
Above deep shade coloured with the calls of cuckoos,
The ring of coppersmith's hammer high in the hiss of the wind
Wind filled with spirits and bright with the jangle of horse bells
After a crisp night crammed with stars
Weavers' fingers flying on the loom
Patterns shift too fast to be discerned
All these years of thinking
Ended up like this
In front of all this beauty
- Pure Prairie League: Amy
- America: Sister Golden Hair
- Bob Marley & The Wailers: Is This Love
- The Young Rascals: Good Lovin'
- King Harvest: Dancing in the Moonlight
- Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Mood Rising