Wednesday, August 4, 2010

iMood Wednesday Aug. 4

This morning was again just a tad hazy, but otherwise clear enough to see the far hills, if not the Olympics on my way west toward the college.  About half way in an egret flew directly above me, very purposeful looking in its spear-like flying position.

Nothing purposeful about this morning's mix of tunes, ranging from silly to sacred.  It was nice to hear a bit of Blue Merle, a group that only put out one album together before moving on to separate musical projects.  I wish they had done more.  Haden/Jones is just plain simple and classy.


  • Blue Merle: Either Way It Goes
  • Spamalot: Knights of the Round Table
  • Christine Lavin: 85 Degrees
  • Charlie Haden & Hank Jones: We Shall Overcome
  • Train: My Private Nation

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...