Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Purchasing: about those missing hours

Wednesday, good ol' Mr. Malleable, is back. So is the rain, though the forecast suggests today's weather may also be a bit of all things to all folks. It's this point in the holiday-shortened week that I most feel it. Everything I have planned to get done this week (ignoring for an unrealistic moment all the things that come flying unexpectedly at the week's scant few hours of productive time) should be half accomplished by noon today, and I can clearly see that's not going to be the case. Purchasing Dept: quick - order me up a couple of extra hours for today!

My mate gourd is settling back on it's haunches and producing the deep intense flavor that only comes from the first couple of fills of mate by the gourd. Maybe if I do a couple more gourds this morning I can compensate for those missing hours?

Great commute soundtrack again today. In a contrary spirit I upped the volume on So Quiet In Here because I love that song and that album. If I had a quickly accessible steering wheel button for directing the iPod to play the album the current song is from I would have tripped it.

Cher breezed through a sultry rendition of the Gershwin tune It Ain't Necessarily So, from a collection of Gershwin tunes covered by an very varied all-star cast. A fun rendition of a witty tune.

The full playlist:

- Van Morrison: So Quiet In Here
- Duke Ellington: Stompy Jones
- Cher: It Ain't Necessarily So
- Fountains Of Wayne: Baby I've Changed
- Blue Merle: Either Way It Goes

- Posted via Hermes.

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...