Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Misting, smokey, and then it's over

Tuesday and the return of the clouds. It looked touch and go as to whether I would get away keeping the top down on the drive in. In the end, I raised it and did get lightly misted on along the way. Nothing I wouldn't have survived top down, but why get wet at all if you don't have to? Especially on a Tuesday.

Busy morning, so I'll keep this to the musical point. Today's playlist was smokey vocal jazz (mostly) with Kurt Elling giving voice to the Bob Mintzer Big Band number. Elling's amazing vocal style often leaves me wondering if there are any fixed notes or if he is just completely extemporaneous in his vocal wanderings. ELO closed out the commute by declaring "It's Over" just I pulled into a parking spot.

Today's full play list:

- Rod Stewart: Someone to Watch Over Me
- Bob Mintzer Big Band: All Is Quiet
- Norah Jones: Come Away With Me
- ELO: It's Over


- Posted via Hermes.

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...