Thursday, September 23, 2010

Harvest moon

Did you see the moon this morning? It is the real Harvest Moon, which for this year means 5 1/2 hours after the autumnal equinox, or the early morning hours of September 23rd. And sure enough, right on queue, a large, bright, and very round moon hung over my trip in this early morning. A very pretty sight on an otherwise wet morning. It would have been fun to have been able to do the drive top down, for an even better view of the moon.

I had a car come full across the center line straight at me this morning, though I was able to slide away from it in time, and they corrected path after they passed me. Maybe they were watching the harvest moon in their rear view mirror. Most likely, they were texting.

Folks sometimes shake their heads at small cars like mine, saying how unsafe they would feel in something so small. However, small nimble cars have a big advantage when it comes to accident avoidance. Had I been driving the typical massive American-sized automotive monstrosity there wouldn't have been enough room for me to avoid getting hit, I would have been in an accident this morning.

The iPod was being witty this morning with at least a couple of its selections. I'm sure you can spot those tracks, too.

Bob Dylan: Not Dark Yet
Pinback: Bouquet
Supertramp: It's Raining Again
Oscar Peterson Trio: Satin Doll


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...