Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Overly shuffled

Mr. Maleable is just a cloudy and wet as Tuesday.  Which is to say no pouring, or even raining with any enthusiasm, just spitting and being gloomy wet.  Neither especially cold or by any means warm. Very Wednesday weather, in fact.

Got behind another truck this morning that was moving with an almost exaggerated slowness.  The cars behind me were not especially happy about this, but there wasn't much I could do about either circumstance. When a light at the end of one of the blocks we were traveling down went green, though, he (or she?) suddenly sped up to make that light, then went back to exaggerated slowness as soon as they determined they would make it through.  At that point I started to wonder if there was some intent to their actions, instead of the much more common state of inattention.  You do occasionally run into drivers who appear to take a perverse pleasure in attempting to control other drivers around them, maybe this was one of them?  Whatever their deal was, they turned at that intersection, so the rest of us no longer had to contend with their issues and could resume the normal posted speed. No matter how you slice it, we are a complicated species. More so the more we have to interact.

Every now and then, when I get into the office and back up the iPod to see the tunes that were played on the drive in (in the car it sits in a rear console cubby between then seats, so I can't see the iPod's screen and my stereo doesn't provide an iPod readout) I click back one too many times.  If I reverse back beyond the starting point of this morning's playlist, with shuffle mode on, I can no longer move forward down that same path of tunes.  The shuffle setting keeps track of only so many tunes backwards, apparently, then it's off creating new shuffles.  I did that this morning, so I lost track of what I listened to on the way in.  I remember/recognized several of the artists, but don't recall most of the tracks.  I know the Belle and Sebastian was an instrumental number from their soundtrack album, Storytelling, but don't know which track that is by name.  I think it was the track Fiction, but no guarantees. The Weepies track stuck in my head, and I remember the Van Morrison track.  For the other three tracks I can only conjure up the group.  Outfoxed by my own shuffle, I guess.

So, today's full playlist, such as I can recall it, contained at least the following:

 - Mew:
 - Eugene Maslov:
 - Belle & Sebastian: Fiction (?)
 - Weepies: Suicide Blond
 - Van Morrison: Little Village
 - Fred Jacobs:

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...