Thursday, March 17, 2011

The CRT hovering above us

Thursday, who loves to pretend he is nearly as good as Friday (we know better!), is cold and damp, but not raining so far. The sky is an electric deep blue, the sort of color a cathode-ray tube television dissolves into when turned off in a dark room.  A very deep blue illuminated from within itself.  It really did have a pending-inverted-TV-screen-hovering-above-us feel, at least to my still-firing-up imagination at that early hour.  Wonder what today's programming will be.....

It may take a couple of large mugs of mate this morning to clear the cobwebs.  Not sure why, but that's the way it is this morning. This isn't a day I can afford to be low-ebb, either.  Piles of things to get to today, that have to be gotten to today, and my calendar spites me with a nearly unbroken wall of meetings.  I'm sure in some karmic way it serves me right for taking the first half of yesterday off to attend to other things. Quick, change the channel, find one with less demanding programming for today!

A lot of good and well-mixed music for this morning's drive. Since this playlist really speaks well on its own, and being pressed for time, I will let the list conclude it's own elegant sufficiency:

 - Pink Martini: Let's Never Stop Falling In Love
 - Bradley Sowash: The River Is Wide
 - Pat Metheny: Time Goes On
 - Robert Plant & Alison Krause: Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us
 - Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (Live)

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...