Friday, November 19, 2010

A good dental soundtrack—no, really!

It's Friday again, wet and cold. Warmer so far this morning than it was yesterday afternoon, but still far from toasty. Depending on who you listen to, the forecast ranges from the first winter storm of the century (the TV stations trying to keep viewers attentive) to the slight possibility of light temporary snow in the lowlands Sunday through early next week. Everyone, though, is calling for cold. For us here in the temperate Pacific Northwest, that means highs in the 30's F (low single digits C).

No post yesterday. I had an early morning dental cleaning/exam and got to the office just in time for the first meeting of the day. I did listen to music that morning, both on the commute and in the dentist's chair. They usually play a loop of contemporary, earnest, emotive pop dreck. Yesterday they were dialed into seventies rock (interestingly, I heard only male vocalists the whole 90 minutes I was there). A steady stream of artists like Jackson Brown, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Chicago, and Steely Dan. I quite enjoyed the music, and my dental assistant was very much into the music as well, quicker to identify some of the tracks than I was.

This morning's commute soundtrack was very nearly a one-song list, with a lovely bit of Mozart lightly dancing me along my way. It was nicely capped with an almost-ragtime piano rendition of a classic swing tune. Well blended, iPod!

- Ingrid Haebler: Klavierkonzert Nr. 26 D-ur KV 537 1 Allegro (Mozart)
- Marco Benevento: Moonglow

Now it's time to settle into catching up on email, getting prepped for today's meetings, and wrapping up a few dangling deliverables—the usual Friday activities. The Mate is finished brewing, the iPod is playing (currently, If You Leave by Trane) so I'm ready to roll my way through to the weekend.

- Posted via iPad.

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...