Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Disclaimer: this is only me; you've been told

Wednesday has blown gently in, still wet and dark, as the middle of the work week has worked its way back around in the lineup.  Wednesday isn't generally as popular as Friday, though she has her fans I am sure.  Wednesday garners a friendly hallway greeting from me on my way to more important things (like Saturday and Sunday).

This is disclaimer Wednesday, as I officially state a few things the State of Washington would like me to make clear.  Why?  The Governor's office has issued a very common-sense (and quite good) set of guidelines and best-practices for the use of social media for state agencies and employees.  Among them is the recommendation that if employees who engage in private social media should ever indicate they are state employees or work for a state agency, they need to clearly state that the opinions and thoughts expressed in said media are theirs alone and not in any way a representation of their agency's.  Fair enough. So...

As I have, on occasion, referenced the fact that I work for a college and because one or two of my one or two regular readers know me and where I work, let me state, categorically and for the record, that any thoughts or observations recorded in this blog (or my tweets or Facebook postings, for that matter) are the product and seasoning of my own head and none other.  I don't intend to represent my Agency or the State in any of my finite musings or other ramblings.  In other words, this is my personal (though clearly not private) space and is not work related.  For the record, I do this on my time and using my own personal equipment. I confer with absolutely nobody (state or private) when I blog my morning commute music playlist and other thoughts.  If there are any concerns about the content of these posts, let the reader understand that they should confine those concerns to my own personal and individual reason and sanity.  Understood?  Good.  Now back to our regularly scheduled playlist...

This morning's playlist was one of those especially delightful ones, stinging together just a few tracks that I really like but haven't heard in a while.  The first tune (Obk), Muero Por Ti (I die for you) is one of my favorite tunes from this artist.  It is a beautiful ballad, even if the lyrics are a bit predictable.  Supertramp always takes me back to a different time and place.  It seems impossible that this year marks the 40th anniversary of their first release (though Breakfast in America is only a mere 31 years old).

The full playlist:

 - Obk: Muero Por Ti
 - Bruce Cockburn: Clocks Don't Bring Tomorrow - Knives Don't Bring Good News
 - My Morning Jacket: Off the Record
 - Supertramp: If Everyone Was Listening

2 comments:

Corey said...

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was afraid that your listening to Supertramp was really the State's way of pushing mass transit (Rudy might like the freedom that comes with driving his own vehicle to nowhere).

Kevin said...

I'd follow up with a crack about a train to nowhere (as opposed to a bridge), but it might be misunderstood as being an official statement, so I won't.

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...