Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not the coldest night of the year

I think I'm finally coming to terms with the changed season, the fact that mornings will now consistently be dark when I get up at 5:45 AM, and that the heat pump will be giving the house a short injection of warmth first thing in the morning.  The last couple days have been dry (and sunny, once late morning dropped by), and could easily have been top-down morning drives, but something in me has said "top up, please" the last few mornings.  So, snugly cocooned in my little cockpit, I made my morning commute more focused on the music than the sights and smells of the early morning.

This morning kicked off with Cockburn's winter view of Yonge St., Toronto.  I really like this tune, and have to confess this morning was a repeat.  It popped up on my way home last night and I joyfully cranked it up and repeated it three times on the way home, and left it queued up to start this morning's drive in.  Yep, it's that good.  Thankfully, it's not the coldest night (or day) of the year here.

A really good mix of tunes this morning, especially appreciated since I had less external stimulus to distract my attention.
  • Bruce Cockburn: The Coldest Night of the Year
  • Matthew Perryman: Sinking Wishes
  • Madeleine Payroux: Our Lady of Pigalle (Bonus French Version)
  • The Carpenters: Bless the Beasts and Children
  • Jan Garbarek, Marcin Wasilewski: February Sun

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...