Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What the birds don't hear

It's Wednesday and the rains have returned. I almost appended, "at last" to the first sentence, but I know it won't be long before I'd regret that sentiment. At least we don't have to bother with icy roads or cars on the roads that haven't taken time to scrape their windows. Now we are back to our most-familiar weather pattern, for better and worse.

This morning's playlist had another of those magic transitions between songs. Shifting from The Weepies' Simple Life to Rocco DeLuca's Mercy, the ending of the one song and the opening piano work on the next could not have been more perfectly matched. I've listened to project albums with less perfect transitions between songs.

I love the lyrics in Simple Life, especially the opening verse:
When I get up in the morning, put the kettle on
Make us some coffee, say hey to the sun
Is it enough to write a song, and sing it to the birds
They'd hear just the tune, not understand my love for words

Well, I hear your love of words, Deb and Steve, and that is one of the reasons I have most of your recordings in my library. Good stuff.

Here is the full playlist from this morning's drive in:

- David Gray: You're the World to Me
- The Weepies: Simple Life
- Rocco DeLuca & The Burden: Mercy
- Sixpence None The Richer: Puedo Escribir
- Frank Sinatra: I've Got You Under My Skin


- Posted via iPad.

No comments:

A New Beginning - Moved to Madeira

  As I type this blog entry it's about 11 AM here in Campanário on the island of Madeira. The upper balcony has the best view down the v...